Thursday 16 April 2015

ARE SINGAPOREANS REALLY SAVERS?

When I last heard that more than 40% of people in USA do not have any savings at all, I was a bit disturbed, and curious.

How did Singaporeans fare at the savings game? A quick search on Google revealed the following.

Singaporeans fare only worse than India and China in savings at 24%.


But the crappy thing according to NUS is...Singaporeans do spend a lot of their money.


Money is meant to be spent right? Well, yes and no if you ask different people.

I have seen and heard of people who are always asking each other about the best places to dine, shop and holiday. Some even ask very casually, so when are you changing your car? What model is it going to be?

I used to entertain these suggestions and ideas posed to me in serious fashion. Nowadays, I simply laugh and shrug it off. Maybe it's the age, or maybe it's a sense of responsibility? I do not know.

But I do know one thing for sure, no one is going to help you when you are down and out to your last penny/cent. No one is going to remind you that you should not have splurged on that XXX holiday, or spend 1/4 of a million dollars on that XXX car. 

They are just going to think, what a dumb fellow, serves him/her right for overspending. 

And that is a fact of life. You are solely responsible for your own life, your own money and your own dignity.

Having no money hurts. And a lot of people do not realise that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.