Monday 18 May 2015

THE DILEMMA OF THE FRUGAL FINANCIAL BLOGGER




















I have been reading a number of financial blogs in the past half a year. I could not help but notice a trend - the call for frugality as one of the seeds to financial well-being. Even the Goh man weighed in on this. 

You could almost witness the enthusiasm by readers of such blogs on this notion. 

Suggestions on how to save money from every day activities were raised. Recipes on meals that made sure you don't burn a hole were provided. 

I could almost hear my money reassuring themselves of their survival in my wallet.

But when there were comments made that these thrifty people were shortchanging themselves and their health, egos seemed to be bruised.

I don't know man. It's one thing to be frugal, it's another to be financially sensitive.

Here's the dilemma - how does one extol the virtues of frugality and yet live a fulfilling life that doesn't do your health injustice?

You can. Only if your earnings or income stream is substantial. 

Which brings us back to nought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.