Saturday 6 June 2015

DATA CENTRES GLUT?

When Keppel DC Reit IPOed, I was a bit excited. 

A data centre sells space, albeit a digital one. Along with services maintain and protect the data as well.

I thought to myself. There's a whole lot of people using tech and online services which requires tonnes of data....email, chat apps and online services etc.

There's bound to be some demand.

But little did I underestimate the supply side of things.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/singapore/telin-singapore-to-build/1896122.html


This just came in yesterday.

Looks like Keppel DC Reit IPOed at the right time. Just before the potential glut of data centres come onto Singapore's shores.

This reminds me of the industrial building/space glut that's all so prevalent right now.

Cheerios.

P.S. Looks like Facebook's Open Compute Project would give data centres a run for their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.